Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am the original owner of a 2000 Quad Cab that I bought off the show room floor. 253K miles later this truck has been an absolute dream of durability.

I traded in a 1995 S10 in for my Dodge and can tell you there has been NO comparison in initial quality. Have done all the routine maintenance on it, and wonder just when the wheels are gonna come off, or the timing chain slips, becoming DOA.

All I have done to it is put several sets of brakes, a couple of tune ups, a clutch, a water pump and hoses, a hp power steering hose, an alternator, ball joints, headlights
The paint is oxidizing on the hood and roof, but the body is still factory straight. And get this.....the A/C is still blowing aortic air!

Still runs great, but she's getting tired. The only thing I would have done different would have been, paid for the V8, and 4 wheel drive. When I needed it, didn't have it. I would definitely buy another one, but the prices for these trucks seem to have flown off the fricking scale compared to a full size truck.

Anyhow...have developed an a/c control issue that I shall post up in another thread. Look forward to answers and contributing

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Welcome to the Z Family from Southern Georgia!
Glad you decided to join us.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts