Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My driver's seat is busted. Not only is the foam padding shot and the seat cover torn and badly worn (and don't get me started on the smell), but the horizontal metal support on the upper portion of the seat has broken away from the main frame. I'm leaning toward some Corbeau Sport Seats in the gray vinyl/cloth.

I've seen some truck on other sites with Viper and Neon SRT seats in them, but those seem pretty pricey even used. I'm thinking a new set of Corbeaus is my best option. I'm looking for comfortable support for my low back to survive 300 to 600 mile (one way) trips.

Any thoughts?

Old seats

·
Registered
842 Posts
My driver's seat is busted. Not only is the foam padding shot and the seat cover torn and badly worn (and don't get me started on the smell), but the horizontal metal support on the upper portion of the seat has broken away from the main frame. I'm leaning toward some Corbeau Sport Seats in the gray vinyl/cloth.

I've seen some truck on other sites with Viper and Neon SRT seats in them, but those seem pretty pricey even used. I'm thinking a new set of Corbeaus is my best option. I'm looking for comfortable support for my low back to survive 300 to 600 mile (one way) trips.

Any thoughts?

I hear ya Ev. I'm looking too. I have seen SOME on ebay, but I don't kw about them. The seats my '06 Grand Caravan had, were pretty decent and I've thought about a pair of them or from a Chrysler Town & Country, with the electric adjustments. They have the lumbar support also. But, I don't know how they'd work for sure and mine is a '92 also (being different from yours). Just some thoughts I'D had. ;)

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
not sure Ev, i want new racing seats too but i dont drive anywhere near what you do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Driver side seat springs broken

The small coil springs have popped out of the mounts under the driver side seat, making it sag. How difficult is it to remove the seat and, replace these springs?

TIA, Fugit

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update

Oops; I forgot to update my post about the new seats.

I didn't fix mine. I replaced them with some Corbeaus. They feel great.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just replaced mine from a junk yard and fixed the wires with superglue cleaned it up it is like brand new

·
Registered
12 Posts
not to hard it takes two people take the 8 bolts out of the seat 4 on each side get a friend and take the seats out flip it over take bolt out of console buy new springs the same size and replace

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
nice seats Ev!!! dont think i ever saw those

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thats not to bad.. Summit racing is close to my house.. I may take a look

I am putting a lot of money into the truck.. With repainting the whole truck and new bumpers so on.. May have to wait till next year for the int. I would like new carpet also..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts