Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i think its time soon to break down and buy new tires.. having a hard time finding some that won't drain my bank account :( stock size is P255/55/R17. could i maybe go up or down a size?? any thoughts or suggestions are most welcome, thanks! :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 3.9L, STD cab truck, which had 235 tires, new on the rear and well used on the front. I put new 215 tires on the front because steering this truck was cumbersome. The tires seemed to grab when fully turned and would not return smoothly. I am very satisfied with the new 215 width tires. Steering is smooth and works perfectly now.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would stay with the same size street tire since you have the R/T. I've seen those trucks with both smaller and bigger tires and I thought that they looked dumb. That's just my opinion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
idk what tires i should get i have 2001 dodge quad cab sport 4wd and live in new england i have 235/35 r15 on my truck now i kind of want bigger tires any suggestions

·
Registered
8 Posts
on the 01 is should have had just a standard 235/75 R15 those are very common tires from dozens of manufacturers and as for the r/t try 265/50R17 or 245/60R17 they might be more common and cheaper and those sizes wont mess with your speedometer enough to make a difference

1 - 6 of 6 Posts