Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to replace my tires and am considering the Nitto NT 450 Extreme Performance in 275/50-17. While researching I noticed other Dakota R/T owners had many good things to say. Any thoughts, guys?:)

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
i have the Falken Ziex S/TZ01 tires at 275/50R17. they are a +0 tire, but they are wider and look really nice!!

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm putting the new Nittos on and getting the R/T an alignment tomorrow.:)

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
sweet!! post pics when you get em on!

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was dark when I got home this evening, but I'll get some pics tomorrow. I wound up having to have all four ball joints and the left control arm bushing replaced when I had it aligned today. Needless to say it drives much better now.:D

I also had the shop flush my PS system, coolant, brakes, and trans fluid; they were running a special. I got a free oil and filter change with full synthetic oil out of the deal. I guess you could say my truck spent a day at the spa.:)

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
nothing like a da at the spa to give you some pep!!

how many miles does your r/t have? im thinking i need to replace the ball joints on mine too. had to replace the stabilizer bar end links and bar bushings, probably need a few more bushings replaced though

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
180,000 miles. I'm exploring what it would cost to "freshen up" the engine as I intend to use my truck to run up and down I-95 at between 300 and 600 miles at a whack.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
wow 180k!! thats a lot more than my 75k. im gonna get new plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor, check the compression, change the oil and tranny fluid soon!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts