Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm not new to dodges but I am new to a dakota. Bumped down from a full size. I have a few performance questions for some experienced dakota guys. I bought a 2002 dodge dakota quad cab 4.7l 5 speed 4 wheel drive :D pretty much my dream truck. Picked it up for $4000 in ny with almost no rust. But anyways I bought it cause I needed a 4 door my wife is pregnant but I think it needs to be more than a grocery getter. My buddies muscrat(mustang) gets about 300 rw horse. And I want to roll it up and smoke it yet keep it a little economical. 50 mile drive a day for work. And it will be doing some small off roading nothing rough. I was thinking a programmer (don't know which one)(any personal suggestions) headers into free flow cat with a throaty but not loud muffler (want to hear it not be annoyed by it) (sounds like a Prius right now) and a cam (don't know what size works well for good mid to high range power). I'm very excited about my new truck and would like any suggestions with reason why you think it would help even if its something I have not already said. Thanks:)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
welcome. glad to see another person taking on the mustang community haha. sad to say that you will be hard to find many performance parts for your 4.7. that motor is kind of dakotas odd ball so theres not much out there for it. how ever if you dig hard enough you can find some. you can get a sct tuner for it, bigger throttle body, free flowing cat and exhaust. you can get a supercharger for a 5.9 for it if you dont mind modifying mounts and all for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts