Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
I have a 2000 Dakota with the 4.7
Both of my rear exhaust bolts have broken and fell out. I know what I have to do to fix this, but my question is I have now noticed water in my oil. Is this directly related or is it my good luck just piling up??? I'm hoping it is just a head gasket but any info or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
DakotaLoren

·
Registered
842 Posts
Hello Everyone,
I have a 2000 Dakota with the 4.7
Both of my rear exhaust bolts have broken and fell out. I know what I have to do to fix this, but my question is I have now noticed water in my oil. Is this directly related or is it my good luck just piling up??? I'm hoping it is just a head gasket but any info or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
DakotaLoren

While I am not familiar with how the 4.7 is put together, usually water in the oil would indicate a head gasket problem. Is it just a trace or more than that? Also, take the radiator cap off and carefully start the engine (being ready to quickly shut it off) and see if it pushes coolant out of the radiator at all. That's about all I can offer myself. There ARE others here with alot more knowledge of these than I have. Hope it's NOT the head gaskets.

·
Banned
2,418 Posts
Hello and welcome! :wavey:

Good to have you with us, I hope you enjoy the board!

You might want to leave a message on RamTech's profile page, he would be able to help!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Welcome! i would start with the head gasket as well, but hope it isn't something worse

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Welcome to the Z Family from Southern Georgia!
Glad you decided to join us.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum, glad to have you join us! Sorry to hear about your problem and my experience is yes, water in the oil is indicative of a bad head gasket. Is it really milky? Great people and info here so any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site! :)

- Cajun

1 - 7 of 7 Posts