Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Been having problems with transmission shifting into third from overdrive and staying stuck in third even after stopping and trying to take off again. Seems to lose first and overdrive shortly after it warms up in just a couple miles. Replaced pcm but still have the same problem. Any ideas what else I could try?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Been having problems with transmission shifting into third from overdrive and staying stuck in third even after stopping and trying to take off again. Seems to lose first and overdrive shortly after it warms up in just a couple miles. Replaced pcm but still have the same problem. Any ideas what else I could try?
I had the same problem so I went to the internet ant looked up used transmissions and found one for $550. and swaped it out now it runs like new

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was hoping to replace something a little cheaper, the tranny seems to be ok just the shift problem leading me to think most likely a solenoid problem. I just need info on which solenoid to replace. lol

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Welcome to the Z Family from Southern Georgia!
Glad you decided to join us.

Have you changed out trans fluid and filter?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AzMan

Just joined to get answers and hopefully give some. I have a 2005 4.7 Dakota quad cab and its been a good truck overall but last fall I had to have the shifter solenoids replaced and all was fine till three weeks ago when the wife was pulling into the driveway and the tranny, without warning quit, totally no forward or reverse. I checked the fluid and its fine I disconnected battery for a while and reconnected it still no go, I changed the pcm cuz I was told that was my problem last fall so I got a rebuilt one and still no go. Any one have an idea what could be wrong?

·
Banned
2,418 Posts
Hello and welcome!

Good to have you with us, I hope you enjoy the board!
You might want to try posting your question here where more mechanical minded people will see it and greater your chances for an answer :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts