I have two Dakotas:
1995 4x4 3.9L to plow snow and for chores, good running truck 3K-4k per year, bought it used in 2007 the previuos owner do not take care of it very well, but I think I have made up for it.
1. New muffler
2. New shocks front and rear
3. Both differentials AMSOIL 75W 90
4. Cleaned heads, new exhaust, head and manifold gaskets
5.Flushed cooling system/Heavy Duty thermostat
6. Complete new rear breaks including the parking brake system
7.Replaced rear u joint
8. Hastings oil filter LF 107
9. Wix air filter 42020/Wix air filter wrap 24700
10. Mobil Super High Mileage 10W 30 every 6 Months
11. Wix transmission filter 5870
2006 4x4 3.7 Daily Driver:
1. Mopar upgrade Kicker front speakers
2. Hastings air filter AF899
3. Hastings oil filter LF134
4. AMSOIL OE 10W 30 6 months or 6k [will do a uoa and post]
5. BF Goodrich long trail tires
1988 4x4 3.9L
1. Vinyl Floor > awesome
2. Killer Stereo > was younger
3. Sat high front and rear were the same level, stout looking truck
4. Light Blue
5. Sold it to accommodate my family > new baby
1992 4x4 3.9L
1. Club cab > easier to fit car seat
2. Great truck while my family was young, built house and it carried many materials for that and moving, landscaping etc.
3. Front end sat lower then the rear > disliked that look very much.
My first few years as a Dakota owner I was not the best at maintenance, I was not lazy just not educated, but now that I have learned I am proud of the improvements and try to pass that knowledge on to others, vehicles are not cheap take care of them, I love all Dakotas whether it is someone beater or show car as long as they enjoy it that is what counts, I look forward to seeing what others do on this site, I may be boring and show basic maintenance and upkeep but it should be fun, the best thing I like about two Dakotas is I can work on one with out the pressure of finishing it so I can drive to work.