Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all, I'll save ya the long winded story but I just recently joined because I have a 2000 dodge Dakota, 3.9 Ltr SLT 2wd, that I have made into a project and would like some advice. Hopefully y'all can help me as I learn how to modify and basically rebuild this truck from Junkyard bound to "why did he do that" so I can learn everything inside and out on what I have temporarily named Plan B

·
Registered
303 Posts
I also bought a Gen 2 at a very reasonable price. Based on my needs I started with rebuilding the suspension and brakes. Next I rebuilt the AC system complete less in dash parts. Plugs, wires, cap, rotor, oil and filter, air filter and vacuum lines as needed. That paid me back with one year of trouble free driving. Oh, yeah new tires and alignment. My second year was filled with poor running on and off. I'm currently rebuilding the 3.9 V6 to a fairly high standard. Not to brag or complain I'm roughly $9,000 into my truck. I have tried to be very careful with money shopping around for best prices. I have started several threads looking for help and information. Most likely I'll start several more as I go. There are a few people here who like to share most I think are just looking. Steve

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hello , I have a 96 that came from a field rusted out to having 5 small rusts spots left to get cut out then I can finish my bodywork and paint it, doing it all myself, and just put a brand new 3.9 and a fresh rebuilt 42re in it , it's my project to color is 2021 Toyota color liquid glue

1 - 4 of 4 Posts