Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! I have checked the bulbs changed the brake light switch and still no brake lights. I searched for a fuse with no luck.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Step 0 - Pick up the factory wiring diagrams so you'll be able to check the exact points I'm about to mention.

Step 1 - See if the brake light switch has 12V TO it. If not, check the wiring to the battery (through the fuses!) and see where it stops.

Step 2 - See if the brake light switch switches 12V on and off OUT of it. If it does, switch is good. If not, switch is bad, even if it's new.

Step 3 - Check the brake light feed to the multi function switch; make sure it gets into there.

Step 4 - Do the flashers work? If so, and you have 12V into the MFS, then it's the MFS. Speaking of, do you have flashers NOW? If not, I'd be checking at the MFS and the wiring harness back to the brake lights.

RwP

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Step 0 - Pick up the factory wiring diagrams so you'll be able to check the exact points I'm about to mention.

Step 1 - See if the brake light switch has 12V TO it. If not, check the wiring to the battery (through the fuses!) and see where it stops.

Step 2 - See if the brake light switch switches 12V on and off OUT of it. If it does, switch is good. If not, switch is bad, even if it's new.

Step 3 - Check the brake light feed to the multi function switch; make sure it gets into there.

Step 4 - Do the flashers work? If so, and you have 12V into the MFS, then it's the MFS. Speaking of, do you have flashers NOW? If not, I'd be checking at the MFS and the wiring harness back to the brake lights.

RwP
Thanks Ralph I found the problem it turned out to be a fuse in located in the engine compartment

1 - 3 of 3 Posts