Dakota Forumz banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2003 RT with 5.9
322 Posts
It's good to read your followup!

Back in '18 when I sent my PCM to SIA, they were advertising a pretty quick turn time that they came no where close to meeting (but it didn't take multiple weeks). (I am sure COVID has slowed stuff down everywhere, but still . . . .)

You might find this interesting, it is a quote that I pasted from either this bopard or another board. Keep in mind I am quoting, & I have no idea how credible the post is or the person who made the post:
"I have been studying the ECM's that come with these vehicles. I have found out that it is very common to have a couple of circuits fail in them. The coil driver, voltage regulator, IAC motor IC, step up transformer that gives you the "NO BUS error" and the EPROM. All of these issues are caused by broken solder contacts on the board. If you are good with a soldering iron you can fix the ECM by re flowing the solder contacts."

In the time since I last posted here I learned a few things related to the 4.7 that might have affected the applicability of some of the troubleshooting I typed for you,
but the main thing is that you are back up & running!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Good to know! I'll try and keep these in mind if a problem should rear it's ugly head again in the future! Lets hope not. :)

21 - 22 of 22 Posts