Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Harold....im new to this site so bare with me please....i bought my son a 1998 Dakota with a 3.9 liter to find that none of the gauges work...hings i have tried is all the fuses,,,,self test...i even put the panel in my 2000 Durango to make sure it worked...(it does) but not in the truck...dont know what else to do ...can someone help?

·
Banned
2,418 Posts
Hello and welcome!

Good to have you with us, I hope you enjoy the board! RamTech would be one to ask, he is our resident Chrylser tech.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Welcome! have you checked the wiring?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well yes and no.... Don't know where to start. i have checked for a hot wire but don't know how many is suppose to be in the gauge plug in. I found two one on either side ....there are two plugs.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Welcome to the Z Family from Southern Georgia!
Glad you decided to join us. Good luck chasing down the ghost in the machine.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hey there Harold and welcome to the forum, glad to have you join us! I'm not really sure what to tell you on this, either as you've already eliminated it being a gauge problem, but hopefully RamTech will chime in on this for you, but good luck! Great people and info here, so any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site! :)

- Cajun

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Nope have not fixed it yet....Got a new set of gauges ...Took the dash out to check the wires,no problem there. Still nothing works but idiot lights and illumination lights. I checked to see if power was going to the back of the gauges, Some terminals had a weak light, Some were bright light from the tester, but they all had power. I would say that it had to be a ground wire, but where? well i guess no one comes on here anymore

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Harold. Have you found an answer? I have a '97 Dakota with the same problem. No guages work but I have back lights.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts