Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 1988 Dodge Dakota headlights quit working all other lights are fine put in new headlight switch nothing I had a spark on another wire direct from battery don't know if that had something to do with it there is no fuse for headlights checked headlights with test wire both work ant suggestions

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have a 1988 Dodge Dakota headlights quit working all other lights are fine put in new headlight switch nothing I had a spark on another wire direct from battery don't know if that had something to do with it there is no fuse for headlights checked headlights with test wire both work ant suggestions
Hey Don, I had a similar problem on my 94, but mine was in association with driving down the road and they would just go out! At the same time my tach would go to zero RPM. After much wire chasing, I found the problem to be corrosion on the bottom row of pins for the main feed through connector, just to the lower outboard side of the brake booster. At that time, I just bypassed the connector for that wire with some stranded 10 gauge wire, and spliced it in on the inside and outside. There was room in the connector boot to pass the wire through, if I remember correctly, or I may have used another hole in that area.

Ed

1 - 2 of 2 Posts