Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me if this is already a thread, I have searched everywhere and haven’t found one like my problem.

I have a 2000 Dakota 3.9 4wd - truck runs fine but when I come to a stop or go up a hill my truck will bog down, won’t shut off, but won’t respond to the gas pedal being pushed in.
The truck never shuts off, but if it happens I turn the car off and then back on and it works fine again for a few minutes

I have cleaned the air filter, changed battery terminals cause of corosion, cleaned the ICV because I replaced it a few years ago.

still have not found out the correct fix, maybe a large vacuum leak? Any idea where common ones are or what another solution may be?

Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
If it is a automatic, you have a issue with the od and solenoids. Have the same issue with my 98 Grand Cherokee 2wd.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Runs as it should until the next hill or stop sign. Trying o2 sensor next as it’s kicking a p0132 code.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Should mention, it doesn’t not happen all the time, and never happens until it’s warm. Once it happens once, it will continue to happen. Some days it doesn’t happen at all.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Oof, this is beyond my exp. If it was old school, would say vapor lock. But that has not happened to me with my dakotas and jeep.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Forgive me if this is already a thread, I have searched everywhere and haven’t found one like my problem.

I have a 2000 Dakota 3.9 4wd - truck runs fine but when I come to a stop or go up a hill my truck will bog down, won’t shut off, but won’t respond to the gas pedal being pushed in.
The truck never shuts off, but if it happens I turn the car off and then back on and it works fine again for a few minutes

I have cleaned the air filter, changed battery terminals cause of corosion, cleaned the ICV because I replaced it a few years ago.

still have not found out the correct fix, maybe a large vacuum leak? Any idea where common ones are or what another solution may be?

Thanks!
Try the TPV, that’s what mine turned out to be 🤷

·
Registered
145 Posts
All good, seems like maybe a MAP sensor after some more research.
MAP sensor. I'm late to the thread, but if it is the MAP sensor I'd have a spare on hand. Try resetting the computer (disconnect negative terminal for 2 minutes) if it does it again after replacing it. Bought a bunch of MAP sensors on a 2.5L Dodge in my youth before I gave up on it. Thinking know it was the fuel pump or more likely the computer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts