Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Dodge Dakota whos tail lights have gone out, first it was the drivers side then two hours later the passenger side went out. No blinker, brake or caution. The bulbs are all good, the fuses have been replaced, as have the relays. I also checked all the conections and traced the wires from the back end to the cab. Couldn't find any wear or anything. Any other ideas?

Ended up replacing the indicator switch since it was a little sloppy but that didn't help a thing.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
So tail lights, or brake/turn lights, or both?

I'd be checking connections ALL the way to the column again.

Do you get the lights in the front (parking and turn)?

RwP

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everything. No lights of any sort in the back. All the front lights work fine ecept the blinkers are fast. The cab light works too.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Brake lights, tail lights, turn signals, and back up lights are all grounded at ground connection G100. If you still have your license plate lights and high level stop light, these are grounded at a different location, so it's almost certain your ground connection is bad. Most of the wiring running to the back goes through a common harness, so if the license plate light is lit, this harness is good, as you've already checked and verified.
Ground connector G100 is in the left front of the engine compartment. The diagram in the FSM shows it to be on the inner fender liner, probably under where the battery is mounted. There are two grounds there (G100 and G101) and they both probably have multiple wires running to one loop connector.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Changed out the ground terminal clamp on the battery as that was the only thing that was possibly a problem ground wise. The lights work in the rear but still no indicators or brake lights. I've traced the wires from the tail into the stearing column but cant see any problems. Going to find my wire tester to see if I cant find the problem area with them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts