Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have no wipers in my truck i replaced the wiper motor and still nothing the motor was only clicking except the motor i replaced wasnt new it was a used one but worked when i tested it with the hot of my battery and a ground so i knew it worked but when i put it in when i turn the switch all it does is click if anyone has any idea about that let me know. Also my fuel gauge isnt working and im not sure if its the sending unit or the instrument panel except the fuel gauge is the only gauge not working and its also sitting way under the empty mark and its got gas in it i didnt know if that would help pin pointing what it is. If anyone has any advice that would help a bunch. Thanks

·
Registered
250 Posts
Are you sure the wiper linkage isn't binding up? Fuel sending unit failure is fairly common in older trucks. If you've got access to a DVOM and know how to use one, you can diagnose it yourself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I assume there's a relay of some sort for the wipers? All that current cant be going through he stalk. Point of failure?

What's a DVOM?

I have no fuel gauge also. Do you know what is the common failure point for the sending unit? I'm pretty handy with a soldiering iron and hammer. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts