Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! New here. I have a 2004 dakota 4wd with the 4.7L. I bought the truck last year and the front brakes had some vibration in the pedal so I replaced them. When I did I found that the right side caliper piston cups were broken around the lip of the piston. Naturally i replaced the caliper. After I did this I had a lot of noise, after a while I pulled the brakes apart again and found the same caliper damage on the right side. I replaced the caliper and rotor (parts warranty) and now I have a high pitched squeak happening when I apply the brakes. Very frustrated! Anyone have ideas what is happening here? Ps..parking brake does not function.

·
Registered
15 Posts
No clue! Do you have disc brakes on the rear? On my 03, I have discs with tiny little drums that house the parking brakes. They look like little drum brakes. I had on of the pad completely come apart from the parking brake shoe, and lodged itself between the mechanism and the drum. Was squealing pretty bad. Did you lube up all your parts? Did you check the other side? Noises transfer all over these trucks, maybe coming from a different place then where you think it is. Keep us updated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts