Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, can someone please help me figure out if I have a trac-lock rear diff or not? I've looked all over for a sticker letting me know but no luck. Changing my rear diff fluid and need to know if i need limited slip additive. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Basically i'm just trying to figure out if i need the limited slip additive or not, thanks!

·
Aww Peg!
2,963 Posts
Welcome to the DakotaZ from NC! You can always add it if you are unsure, better safe than sorry. Glad you joined us, enjoy!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Jerry, thanks for the tip! I emailed dodge so hopefully i'll hear back with that build sheet soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's what they came back with: DDC 5-Speed HD Manual Transmission DHTS Elec,Shift-on-the-Fly,P/Time T/Case DJDS 205MM Front Axle DMDS 3.55 Rear Axle Ratio DRAS Corporate 8.25 Rear Axle

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
i would say no, mine says anti-spin diff rear axle and its the 9.25 with the 3.92 gears

·
Registered
2 Posts
to slip or not to slip

One way of telling if you have a limit slip def is by jacking up rear of the truck so both tires are off the ground. Be sure the transmission is in neutral. By hand, turn one of the rear tires in either direction. If the tire on the opposite side turns in the same direction, you have a limit slip def. If the tire on the opposite tire turns in the reverse direction, you have an open carrier def.

As the others said, use the limit slip def fluid and you won't go wrong.
-E-

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Welcome to the Z Family from Southern Georgia!
Glad you decided to join us.

i would say no, mine says anti-spin diff rear axle and its the 9.25 with the 3.92 gears
I agree with Jerry; mine says the same.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts