Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greating Rustybucket here. Sitting at an intersection, truck dies. Digital meter shows 0.01 volts going to the two wires plugged into the coil while turning it over.
I have replaced...cap,roter,coil,cam sensor, crank sensor and the CPU. What do I check for next? 160000 + miles. Any and all help is appreciated.
Thank you

·
Registered
2003 RT (5.9)
757 Posts
. . . and also, I take it that you have verified that there actually is no spark (meaning that there is no possibility that it is a no fuel condition)?

·
Registered
2003 RT (5.9)
757 Posts
You actually want to check the trigger signal FROM the PCM TO the ignition coil.
(It's an LED test light for that.)
But anyway, if no trigger signal, what my Haynes says is to check both the cam and crank position sensors and associated circuitry (I note you've already changed them) and if those check good, to send your PCM out for diagnosis and repair.

And that was the sequence I used to troubleshoot my Dak when it quit running & wouldn't restart and led me to have my PCM repaired.

·
Registered
2003 RT (5.9)
757 Posts
Sorry, I didn't read your OP close enough.
Yes, if you are not getting battery voltage to the coil after turning the key to 'run' that would initiate that the ASD relay is not opening.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts