Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im kinda new to off roadin and i was whatin to know if anybody got any tips or tricks to off roadin???

·
Registered
7 Posts
dont be stupid and hit every mud hole you see many holes there will be a trail around it but use a stick and measure the depth because there is nothing worse than gettin stuck and trying to find someone to pull you out in the middle of winter iv been through it and it sucks. watch what you are going over u could pop ur tire. most importantly have a good ttim there aint nothing better than a ride through some mud boggs.

·
Registered
30 Posts
when crossing a steep dip or going over I small pile of dirt with a sudden incline followed by a sudden decline make sure to take it and an angel if possible as to not endow your front end or drag your rear. always have a spare!!!! with a good jack. and a can of starting fluid if you just pop the bead most of the time you can spray a lil in the tire and light it and that will slightly set the bead! however be careful doing this. if you use too much.... well big boom in small places are bad!!! lol and a small air compressor that you can plug into your truck to finish setting the tire back on the bead. also a Plug kit will come in handy if you run over an old board with nails in it. again the lil compressor finishes the job. I always keep a 145 peace mechanic tool kit in my truck for those on the fly fixes so you can limp home and fit it the proper way. GLOVES!!! iv needed a pair a few times before either trying to get a large branch unstuck from my rear leaf springs or trying to tie up a steal tow cable that snapped trying to pull a friend of mine out of a ditch. and a first aid kit is always good to have! tow straps jumper cables and some tie wire can save your but when in a bad stop. and as always be safe know where you’re going and scout new spots before charging in and you’ll have a great time!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts