Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my fuel cell today. 15 gallon aluminum cell and powder coated black. cant wait till it gets here. ill post pics next week when it shows up.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I ordered my fuel cell today. 15 gallon aluminum cell and powder coated black. cant wait till it gets here. ill post pics next week when it shows up.

Waiting to see. ;)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fuel cell showed up today. Its awesome. 15 gal, .125" thick aluminum with a GM style sending unit and powder coated black. Cant wait to install it. More pics when its in the truck.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Fuel cell showed up today. Its awesome. 15 gal, .125" thick aluminum with a GM style sending unit and powder coated black. Cant wait to install it. More pics when its in the truck.

Cool deal! So, when ya gonna put that puppy in there? Can't wait AND, I'm betting you can't either. :D

·
Registered
842 Posts
Cool deal! So, when ya gonna put that puppy in there? Can't wait AND, I'm betting you can't either. :D

Well Thanks Madness, you've got me thinking about my fuel system on the '92. For one thing, I know I'd better have more than 15 gallons of gas to depend on. So, I'm wondering if I should see if there is a larger tank that I can put under there, think about a larger fuel cell, a fuel cell in addition to the stock tank or 2 smaller cells located in the bed? :rolleyes: After all, I'd like to be able to drive this, w/o worrying about running out of gas. ;)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can get any size tank you want. they will make a custom tank for you or buy one they have in stock. the one i bought is .125" thick and is a carbon copy or the RCI tanks. but those tanks are only.100" thick. go to this site and check them out. and they are cheaper than summit or jegs. its where i got mine.
http://www.brokedickracing.com/

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
so whats the reason for getting a fuel cell? racing application?

·
Registered
842 Posts
You can get any size tank you want. they will make a custom tank for you or buy one they have in stock. the one i bought is .125" thick and is a carbon copy or the RCI tanks. but those tanks are only.100" thick. go to this site and check them out. and they are cheaper than summit or jegs. its where i got mine.
http://www.brokedickracing.com/
Doesn't seem too bad, thanks for the link. I'm considering it. I kinda like the roll bars too. Only thing that keeps me from jumping on them, right now, is money. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
842 Posts
so whats the reason for getting a fuel cell? racing application?

I don't know why he got one, but I am considering it because it seems like a better alternative to the plastic gas tank that is under the truck. Besides, in MY build, I can use all of the weight sitting over the rear axle that I can stand (for traction).

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya id like to get a cage to but dont really need it.

Dogefan67 i just wanted to replace my tank with something nicer. I could of used the stock tank and just made my own pickup tube for the fuel but this looks way nicer. and besides that i needed th extra weight back there. every little bit will help. im also moving my battery back there.

·
Registered
842 Posts

Dogefan67 i just wanted to replace my tank with something nicer. I could of used the stock tank and just made my own pickup tube for the fuel but this looks way nicer. and besides that i needed th extra weight back there. every little bit will help. im also moving my battery back there.

That's something I was looking at also (moving the battery). Adds a little more weight over the wheels AND makes the engine compartment less cluttered. ;) After all, "TRACTION" IS something we will be looking for.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
gotcha!! thanks. it does look nice!!

·
Registered
842 Posts

I hear ya, I don't REALLY need one either. I was just thinking that it would be pretty cool to have one AND, if I were to take it to the Drag Strip and it ran fast enough, I think some places require one. I REALLY need to concentrate on the basics though and I DO like your idea of a fuel cell, though I likely would look at a 20 gal. one with me having the larger engine. I like the idea of clearing out under neath the truck too! The main "Hauling" I plan for THIS ONE, is (Hauling) "Down The Road!" :D AND Shaking up Chevys! ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts