Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! New to the forum here, but have owned 3 different Dakotas all first gens. First one was a 93 sport that was only 3 months old at the time (military person purchased and then PCS'd), Second was a 94 SLT V8 that I traded the 93 on, as it only had 12000 miles on it in 1999...loved that truck!
Which brings me to the 93 sport that I picked up for my sons first vehicle.

The truck is extremely solid with the exception of the drivers side wheel arch. I purchased a wheel arch patch, and when we cut it open the bulk of the rust was on the outer wheel house. I have searched but haven't seen any outer wheel houses available. Does anyone out there know of/if they are available? If not then what may work?

If I have to I'll make the darn thing, but would prefer not to, as that is a lot of time on the shrinker/stretcher, english wheel, and planishing hammer.

Thanks and I'm sure there will plenty of more questions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are the outer portions of the bedside. I am looking for the inner piece, the one that outer part gets welded to the lip that forms the wheel arch.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Hrmm ... Might need to pick up some tubs from someplace like Summit - I don't think I've seen them anywhere.

RwP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts