Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 07 non h.o. 4.7. This p0506 code pops up about every tank of gas between 125-250 miles. I have replaced the IACV idle air control valve two times now, it's right below the TPS. Code is still being thrown. I have checked for vaccum leaks via some brakeclean, even pulled off some hoses, but it seems a vac leak would make the idle faster right... I have seen it says steering pressure switch can cause this and also exhaust blockage, but I pulled a vac hose and idle we t up t ok about 1900 rpms. With the code on my truck puts at 700rpm idle speed. Normal, even with ac on/off or heater. I have not checked the pcm though or checked voltage at the IACV. I dont really know where to look next, I'd appreciate any and all advice.

·
Registered
516 Posts
You say the code pops up periodically. Do you reset the light/code, or does it turn itself off after a while? According to the manual, this code is set if the idle speed drops 100 rpm or more below target for at least seven seconds. First time, a 'soft' code is set, second time it sets a hard code and lights the CEL. Three 'good' trips reset the code and light.

It's probably not a vacuum leak, because as you stated, the idle goes up in this situation. That could set a P0507 code which is the idle going 200 rpm or more above the target idle speed for more than seven seconds.

The manual provides the following possibilities: dirty or obstructed air flow into the throttle body (air cleaner, duct, etc), leaks in the air flow path into the throttle body, dirty throttle body or bent throttle plate, binding in throttle cable or erratic electronic throttle control (ETC) motor (as applicble), PCM - especially connectors and wiring to/from.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Long time coming back. I just took truck to dealership today, had a 2000 dakota 4cycl egr system is tied into seat belt indicators wtf lol. So now before I buy or replace parts I check forums and have dealership look as well.

So here's what they say, I pulled a p0506 they pulled a p050b.... I replaced the iacv too btw, broke connector and its zip tied on....

For the p050b they reccomend replacing idle speed motor and the harness, "zipties possible high resistance when cold." Wtf plastic non conductive is causing "high resistance"??!! Truck still throws p0506 after being reset and started warm. And looking into it, the p050b has more to do with cmps and ckps than idle air motor, idk... wish I could get notifications sent so I could reap d sooner... ty for input

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the code keeps coming back. I've put a new iacv in it. Still comes up. Took to dealership paid 100 bucks, they said the zip ties I have securing the harness is why it is doing it. I'll get a new harness, if that's not the fix I'm thinking maybe a while new throttle body.... idk...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts