Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Let me start out by saying that I come from the Jeep world. I've had a lot of them. All CJ's and TJ's and built every one if them. I've been using a 2001 Wrangler as my daily driver for almost 10 years now. It's fully built 35's, geared, caged, but getting tired. It needs to be tore down and rebuilt. On the jeep forums I visit they talk about the 4.7 as a common swap so I decided to check out what these motors come in. I've always liked the Dakota but didn't know much about them. Since I needed a daily driver that could pull the jeep to the trail when I was done putting it back together I started looking at maybe getting one. I came across this 2004 Crew Cab the other day and it was really clean. The truck even had the electric brake control model for the trailer. I took it as a sign and decided to take it for a ride. The truck impressed me right off the bat. Gobs of power, Comfortable, Clean, and enough room for the kids. Turns out it was a one owner truck. The guy that had it was a retiree that used it to pull his boat around. I made an offer today and went and picked it up. I've been driving all day and I have to say I absolutely love this thing. There is only 2 things wrong with it so far. The tailgate latches seem to stick. I really have to slam it to get it to shut. Is this common and an easy fix? How bad is the linkage to get to in the tailgate? Also it looks like the dash lights in the instrument cluster and the heater contols has a couple blown bulbs. How bad is the dash to pull apart to get to these? Any info would be great! Thanks for reading my long winded post and I look forward to contributing to the forum! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts