Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
replace center seat with console

i want to replace the center seat that has the fold down arm rest for the center console like this one. is it easy? will it bolt right in? my floor console is different than this pic, will i need to replace that too?

·
Registered
41 Posts
i want to replace the center seat that has the fold down arm rest for the center console like this one. is it easy? will it bolt right in? my floor console is different than this pic, will i need to replace that too?

once you remove some of the material that holds the foam on the seat you will find some bolts... once you take them off there will be brackets that attach to the driver and passenger seats... you can remove them unless you take out those seats....

not sure how the console is bolted down but you can probably fabricate something to attach it to...

(when i removed my center seat i removed all the foam adn fabric so it was just the skelaton.... it made it a lot easier to take all the nuts and bolts out... its easy to but back on...)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Taking out the center seat is a easy. There are two bolts on the front of the seats, and two one the rear of the seats that bolt to the floor. Simply remove the bolts, and all three seats will slide out one of the doors [tip seats forward, get someone to help, and it takes a about a minute. When the seats are out, tip them forward so you have access to the bottom, and there are 4 bolts that hold the center seat in, easily accessible once you removed the seats. Then you can replace modify the brackets as needed, or put them back in your truck individually.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Taking out the center seat is a easy. There are two bolts on the front of the seats, and two one the rear of the seats that bolt to the floor. Simply remove the bolts, and all three seats will slide out one of the doors [tip seats forward, get someone to help, and it takes a about a minute. When the seats are out, tip them forward so you have access to the bottom, and there are 4 bolts that hold the center seat in, easily accessible once you removed the seats. Then you can replace modify the brackets as needed, or put them back in your truck individually.

so i'll need to remove the other seats to get the center seat out?

I would think this would be easy to do, Jerry but I am wondering what pic you were referring to? ;)
huh? LOL not sure what you mean, i only posted one :)

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have a quad cab.... and i didn't need to..
oh ok, so maybe its just an access issue and with a reg cab its easier to take out all the seats to get to the middle one/

thanks everyone, i havent found a center console to replace it with yet just wanted to see if anyone has done it and how easy it is

·
Registered
41 Posts
oh ok, so maybe its just an access issue and with a reg cab its easier to take out all the seats to get to the middle one/

thanks everyone, i havent found a center console to replace it with yet just wanted to see if anyone has done it and how easy it is
yeah mostly an access issue... if i remember (since its been over a year ago when i did it).. the nuts are on the top, inside the seat bracket. and the bolt is on the bottom of the bracket attached to the seat.... so its hard to get at.

i've looked around for a console to use for some housing.. let me know if you find anything...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Kind of related in a way... i'm looking to take up the console to replace a bulb for my 4x4 indicator. Does that just snap in/down ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts