Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Since your checking this out in the newbie check-in, you've guessed by now my status.

Well, the first thing I do when I get something new to me is check out what forums are out there, so I decided to sign up here. I've found forums are fantastic for getting answers or tips about things your not all that up on. And honestly, I've never owned a truck. Let alone a 4x4. Driven plenty, just never bought one.

And to be honest, I had no idea it would be a pick-up either. I was in need of a new (to me) vehicle, found this Dakota for sale and simply couldn't pass it up considering the condition and price. Not to mention, it will be VERY handy to finally have transport I can simply put something large in and only worry about weather. I'm over measuring, adjusting seats then finding it won't fit and calling a friend.

Anyway, hello everyone. I will certainly post when in need of advice.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Welcome to the Z Family from Southern Georgia!
Glad you decided to join us.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just wanted to make an official update. Last night when I joined, my Dakota was not in the driveway. I had yet to actually buy it.

Today, just as promised by the seller, my Dakato was delivered.

It is NOW in my driveway. Paid in full. Title is hand.

I coulnd't make it to the DMV after work, so as soon as I can on Monday I'll get the tags and be in business.

Oh, BTW, thanks for the warm welcome. I'm sure I'll need some help from time to time. Although I'm still amazed I got it for the price I did. Long story short, the guy has 8 trucks and his wife pretty much gave him the ultimatum of getting rid of them. So he needed to sell it. But, he needed quick money for parts to sell the others. I had mine checked out from top to bottom, and the mechanics actual words were, "You'd be an idiot not to buy this thing."

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Just wanted to make an official update. Last night when I joined, my Dakota was not in the driveway. I had yet to actually buy it.

Today, just as promised by the seller, my Dakato was delivered.

It is NOW in my driveway. Paid in full. Title is hand.

I coulnd't make it to the DMV after work, so as soon as I can on Monday I'll get the tags and be in business.

Oh, BTW, thanks for the warm welcome. I'm sure I'll need some help from time to time. Although I'm still amazed I got it for the price I did. Long story short, the guy has 8 trucks and his wife pretty much gave him the ultimatum of getting rid of them. So he needed to sell it. But, he needed quick money for parts to sell the others. I had mine checked out from top to bottom, and the mechanics actual words were, "You'd be an idiot not to buy this thing."
Congrats on making it official.:)

·
Registered
149 Posts
sounds like a great deal congrats and good luck with it. I bet you will be playing in the driveway all weekend. lol

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Welcome! Sounds like you have a great truck! We'd love to see it and blue ain't that bad!! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts