Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if this is the right spot or not but... I have a 2003 dakota 3.9L v6 4x4
I just bought this truck. I have a list of codes. Please help!!
*ABS code 37 intermittent signal/from rear sensor
* ABS code 81 break switch/circuit shorted
*BCM code 0037 Rom checksum failure
*HVAC code 01 evap temp sensor/circuit shorted
*PCM code P0172 1/1 fuel system rich
*PCM code P0175 2/1 fuel system rich
WTF DO I DO???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It also has the check engine light on along with the abs and parking brake light.

·
Registered
93 Posts
That many codes always makes me think PCM. Test your ABS is functioning properly. The easiest way to do this is to go about 25-30 MPH then stomp on the brakes. If you get a shuttered vibration sound/feel, probably ok. Can't guarantee though. Never worry about a EVAP code unless it stalls. Just clear it and reset the PCM. The first step is always going to be resetting the PCM. disconnect the negative battery terminal for a couple minutes, and reconnect it. This is a test to if the codes come back, and how soon they do. Good luck!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Your best bet is to take to Chrysler and have them diagnose it. When it's electrical related you can chase the problem for ever. Always a better idea to Chrysler & $75-$100 for them to chase it down. But get a refurbished PCM online if that's the end game. Don't buy the $2,000 one they try to sell you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts