Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got a chance to check over everything I wasn't concerned with before purchase. I start with the main points then decide if I want to buy once I check all those off and worry about the smaller things later.

But...the passenger side power lock isn't working on the driver or passenger side. Before digging into it, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of what it may be.

Thanks in advance.
B

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK. Kindly disregard my post. Obviously I've spent more time in front of a computer than an engine, or truck electrical system for that matter.

The driver side lock wasn't working as well. Noticed that after the post. So I did the next logical thing and looked up what fuse I needed to check. I got under there, found the #5 slot......no fuse at all. So obviously, it's more than likely the fuse. I'll pick one up later.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Glad you figured it out. I was also going to suggest checking the PW lock; sometimes the simplest things are the ones that we too quickly overlook.:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I totally agree with what you stated above. Through the years of computer work I've done, nothing is more true than looking at the most obvious first.

And, an update. I got back from the store with fuses. I wasn't going to buy a whole package of 5 of the same fuses, so I got a pack of various ones. I put the 20 amp fuse in and the power locks worked just like they are supposed to.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On a further note: I was figuring out my options for music and testing, what the manual refers to as a "cigar lighter", and found no power. Learning from the power locks I checked the fuses, and sure enough, that fuse was missing as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts