Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 01 Dakota driver side power seat it goes back and forth about an inch or so when not engaged. Does anyone have a fix for that other than buying new seat rails or has anyone converted one and what would be the steps for a power seat to a manual 1? I live in Pennsylvania and by the book they can fail my pickup for inspection because of that seat moving back and forth like that. Thanks for any advice

·
Registered
2003 RT (5.9)
379 Posts
As a matter of fact . . . .

It came from this thread:

and once again, we have Ralph to thank.

I haven't got around to doing mine yet. I've been living with it. It gets easier as time goes by.

·
Registered
2003 RT (5.9)
379 Posts
On my 01 Dakota driver side power seat it goes back and forth about an inch or so when not engaged. Does anyone have a fix for that other than buying new seat rails or has anyone converted one and what would be the steps for a power seat to a manual 1? I live in Pennsylvania and by the book they can fail my pickup for inspection because of that seat moving back and forth like that. Thanks for any advice
I live in Pa. also, & I've NEVER failed the state safety for that. But yours may be a whole lot worse than mine. The place I take my stuff to is not what I would call lax, but they don't write up BS either.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I live in Pa. also, & I've NEVER failed the state safety for that. But yours may be a whole lot worse than mine. The place I take my stuff to is not what I would call lax, but they don't write up BS either.
I agree with you I had my class A inspection license for 40 + years but some places just got a little bit too picky. But the place that I take it to won't be when it comes to that but I still would like to have it fixed.

·
Registered
2003 RT (5.9)
379 Posts
I agree with you I had my class A inspection license for 40 + years but some places just got a little bit too picky. But the place that I take it to won't be when it comes to that but I still would like to have it fixed.
LOL! Yeah, I look at Pa. State inspection as legalized robbery.
The place I go to is legit but fair; if they ever go out of business, I don't know what I'll do -- I'll probably start by only driving my rust-bucket GMC after dark & during blizzards, for starters. Anyway, give The Dodge Durango Driver Seat Rocking Chair Fix a shot & let us know how it goes for you. It's on my list as well, but just not really high up there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts