Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's what I have: When I got this truck, it was practically sitting on the ground and I saw how they did it. The front end had NO COIL SPRINGS in place and it was sitting on the frame (the rear springs were stripped to the main leaf and large lowering blocks were installed, which had the rear end sitting on the frame also and I installed a proper set of rear springs).

NOW, I have a set of stock coil springs for the front and I am having a time trying to put the springs in, with my spring compressors in place (I have spring compressors that go on the outside of the springs)

I can see now, that these compressors are too large and I have to find some more appropriate ones. Any input as to where they can be located?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, I found some at O'Reilly's Auto Parts and have gotten one of the springs in place. I just have to get the compressor out of there and go to the other side. Things sure go a lot better with the right tools, eh? ;)

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Glad you got it figured out, Bill.:)

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad you got it figured out, Bill.:)

Me too Ev. Thing IS, if ONLY i'd have read more and not jumped on getting the 1st set of spring compressors, I'd have been better off. Also, I am quickly finding out that I don't have near the strength and energy that I used to have. This is still taking a pretty good toll on my energy level. Might not be as bad, if I wasn't having to work out on the driveway. :rolleyes: But, you have to go with your resources, you know?

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I hear ya, Bro.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts