Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bonjour a tous,

Voila mon probleme es que ma dodge dakota 2005 3.7L v-6 bloc sur la deuxieme, le concessionaire me dit que cela viens peutetre du pcm mais une fois qu'il es sorti de chez le concessionaire toute les vitesse passé normalment pendant 1 mois a peu pres et la j'au de nouveau le blocage sur la deuxieme plus rien ne passe. Quelqu'un peut m'aider?

Merci

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello everyone, Here is my problem that my dodge Dakota 2005 3.7L block v-6 on the second concession, me dealer for 1 month and almost gauges the blocking on the second nothing nothing happens. Someone can help me? Thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone can help me! I've got a problem with my transmission my dodge dakota v-6 3,7Li only drive on second! Pcm problem?

·
Registered
545 Posts
If the transmission is 'stuck' in second gear, it's in 'limp mode'. That means that either the PCM or TCM has detected a problem, and is trying to prevent any further damage. It lets you drive in second gear so you can get it safely off the road and to a shop to have it repaired. First step would be to have all codes (active and saved) read to see if there are any indications of why the PCM/TCM is unhappy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for reply, but sometime the car drive with all the vitess, in the morning is perfect and after 30min they drive at second again. The guy say is the vin number its not the same, pcm an car is different vin number thats why they drive wth second but i dont understand sometime thy drive with four vitess??

·
Registered
545 Posts
Then have the PCM coded with the proper VIN. Are you taking this to a dealer, or at least a qualified shop with the proper tools (to read and encode the PCM)?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine had a different problem and someone here said the trucks didn't like aftermarket transmission filters. I changed the fluid and put a mopar filter on it and all the problems went away. It also has to have the +4 fluid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts