Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my problem is, someone has installed a flimsy piece of plexiglass for the sliding part. So, I'm thinking that I need to replace the whole thing. Wouldn't THAT be the best way out? I don't know of being able to replace the sliding window, without replacing the complete assembly.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would consult with a glass company. They can probably replace the sliding part for you.
Check your local junk yards, you may be able to find the piece you need there cheap.
I will have to check into this, I appreciate the input. I kinda figured the wrecking yard, but I didn't know IF I could just get that one piece replaced in the actual unit. Gonna have to get a windshield put in the std cab '92 that I have. That joker has a crack from top to bottom. :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
The sliding part of the window comes out fairly easy.
Open all the way, use needle nose pliers, to pull out the hard plastic,
rubber track under the sliding glass part.
Move the glass so window is open.
Start at the side away from the sliding part. Grip the track and lift carefully
and as soon as it is above the channel, pull away from under the glass.
Once the bottom track is out, move the window back to center,and it
can drop enough to pull top away from window and just lifts out of the bottom.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I actually just got our old 1990 Dakota up and running...the passengers side of the rear window was broke out. Turns out my dad found a whole rear window replacement for only $35 dollars. My question is..how do I go about replacing the whole rear window of the truck. I'm very handy but I have never replaced a whole window enclosure before. Is there a guide somewhere for this year or does anyone have any tips. Will I need to buy new weather stripping or whatever the window sits in..please let me know. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts