Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a 2009 Dakota quad cab 4.7 v8 magnum SXT (flex fuel too if it makes a difference) last year and i am now looking to do some work on it but upon browsing i am asked to enter the trim level, there is rarely an option for SXT. ST, Larmine, Lonestar are the choices usually given but they all have different engines. Im looking for a full exhaust system, suspension and air intake but my priority is swapping out the manifold for headers i have the infamous manifold ticking from those damn bolts. If i choose a different trim type will the parts fit/function properly?
This is for almost every part i look up from performance to cosmetic and i have tried most of the popular auto part websites, some say the part is universal but in the reviews people say they were not and needed custom modifications to fit so I'm hesitant on buying till i get some clarification.

Sorry if my questions are ridiculous, i have never ordered car parts before so any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
725 Posts
The SXT model was replaced by the Bighorn and Lone Star models. There aren't any performance or engine differences between the models, the 4.7 is the same regardless of the Dakota model. I've heard that headers do require some work to get them to fit, but the other parts should bolt on without issues. Of course, not all aftermarket parts fit on a vehicle exactly like they say or advertise, but that's the case with any vehicle.

FYI: Below is exactly what the SXT Model added to the ST model.

SXT
In addition to the standard equipment of Dakota ST, SXT models include the following features: standard 16" x 8" cast-aluminum wheels and power 5" x 7" exterior mirrors. Interior features include power locks and windows with driver one-touch, speed control, tilt steering column, and floor mats.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts