Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1991 Dodge Dakota, with the 5.2, and the previous owner replaced the throttle body on it. He said it was the best one he could find. All I can find online is ones for a v6 or a full size truck with a 5.2, in the pictures, they look identical, but is there really a difference between the one in the v8 Dakota’s and the ones in the full size trucks?

·
Registered
294 Posts
within the same year, no.... and they were all the same within that year. I think the ones for a 360 had bigger throttle butterflys, if I remember right. I know guys with Shelby ( sold in 89-only) Dakotas that had talked of putting the 360 TB on their 318s but need either a 360 intake or to enlarge the holes in your existing one, which would mean taking it off of the truck and to a machine shop to do it right and "not" get shavings in the engine.
over the years of TBI (which was a junk system from the get go, have fought with more than one of them) there were 2 or 3 throttle bodies used over the years 88-91 that the TBI system was used.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts