Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a few posts that mentioned using knuckles from a ram to give us some lift I have only seen one picture that shows it’s possible i am going to give is a shot this weekend I’m buying knuckles and brakes from a wrecked ram I will post again with pictures during the swap or if I have any issues if the stock ram knuckles fit I am going to pull the trigger on lifted knuckles and get my dakota up in the sky

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got both sides done and the truck is not any taller than before it is about 1 inch wider the only clearance issues I have is because of my 3.5 inch leveling kit that made the stock knuckle hit the springs I am going to drive the truck for a few days and if all goes well I will order a set of max trac 4.5 lift spindles and the dakota will be in the sky

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I spent a little bit more money and got some 3 inch lift knuckles for a 2002 ram 1500 and with some minor grinding on the knuckle. (i have a 3.5 inch strut spacer my lca was hitting the knuckle you might not need to grind anything) They
fit pretty good and the truck looks great body lift and blocks for the rear are next.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I spent a little bit more money and got some 3 inch lift knuckles for a 2002 ram 1500 and with some minor grinding on the knuckle. (i have a 3.5 inch strut spacer my lca was hitting the knuckle you might not need to grind anything) They View attachment 2520 fit pretty good and the truck looks great body lift and blocks for the rear are next.
I know this is an older post but did you end up using the ram struts or just pucks? Also how are the lower ball joints (heard that can get bad) as well as alignment isnt the best

·
Registered
2010 Dodge Dakota TRX4
1 Posts
Bump

I just purchased a 2010 Dakota TRX4. I would also like to replace the front knuckle with a lifted one.

More info please

1 - 7 of 7 Posts