Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey if there's anyone who could help, I have a 2000 dodge dakota sport I had a leave spring shackle that snapped I kept driving it for awhile due to not having the time to fix it and I had to keep working but recently I was driving and it felt like my truck went into nuetral but it was in drive when I got out I realized my rear drivers side tire was poking out a couple inches could this be cause the leaf spring and how easy could it be to fix??

·
Registered
2003 Dakota Sport, club cab, 3.9L V6, 5 speed manual
994 Posts
The axle is disengaged from the differential in the rear end. So all the engine power is spinning the differential and feeding the socket that your driver's side axle is normally engaged in. This may or may not have been caused by the spring shackle issue, but it's probably more than a coincidence. Your rear end has probably not been running true -- directly in line with the front end -- for a while now. Fixing it is a tossup. There is a good possibility that there's some damage in the differential. I'd be looking for a salvage yard and replace the whole rear end with springs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.