Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On my 1998 4x4 Dakota I removed the rear sway bar after it made several annoying noises

The end links have a lot of play in them. I tried to get a picture, but you can move the arms in either direction probably 5 degrees. My question is, is that normal? Do they need play, or should the bushings be snug against the bolt.

And if the bushings are shot, were could I find new ones without having to get a whole new bar.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I ordered my bushing kit from Energy Suspension. The kit includes rear sway bushings and endlink bushings. You can buy the rears separately but I wanted to replace them all. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ordered my bushing kit from Energy Suspension. The kit includes rear sway bushings and endlink bushings. You can buy the rears separately but I wanted to replace them all. I hope this helps.
Could you throw up the link to the parts, or the part numbers? Thank you!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
i would think a stabilizer bar would be just that....stable. so i would say no play and replace the bushings

try rockauto.com, i got my front stabilizer bar bushing from them

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Thanks for the PN! They look right, but I wonder if the RWD and 4x4 have the same bushings?
You're welcome. I don't know about the 2wd/4wd differences, but give 'em a call.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts