Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone encountered a sound similar in their time on earth?
Description on video for more details. Cash reward who leads me to what it is? Maybe.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Sounds like something in the top end - valves, lifters, etc. Almost like no oil getting to the rockers/valves. I had a '57 Ford that sounded like that (cam bearings would rotate and cut off oil to the rockers).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like something in the top end - valves, lifters, etc. Almost like no oil getting to the rockers/valves. I had a '57 Ford that sounded like that (cam bearings would rotate and cut off oil to the rockers).
I am running it with valve covers off, and oil is traveling pushrods are straight and everything appears to be lubricated

·
Registered
9 Posts
It sounds like the lifters are not pumping up due to lack of oil pressure/flow. Did you check that the oil holes in the cam bearings were aligned with the holes in the block? There should be oil flying off the rocker arms making a big mess if there is adequate oiling and I don't see that in the video. I'm assuming you have good supply pressure too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Always check the simple things first.
Do you have good oil pressure?
Pull the plugs and look at their condition. Dry gray? Wet from oil. Normal?
Review everything you did during the rebuild. New oil pump? Clean and or replace oil pickup?
Remove your oil filter and drain the oil.
Look for metal or other types of residue.
I like to cut the oil filters open and take a good look.
I usually drop a clean magnet in the oil I drained to check for metal flakes.

Once has an engine brought in and found it had the wrong/ wrong kind of oil filter.

these are just a few things that can lead you in the right direction.
Simple diagnostics first them surgery.
Did you run the oil pump with a drill to lube all the new parts before initial start?

Good luck and please keep us updated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts