Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious as to what the views are with and against the console type enclosures. I have a few layouts which I think may solve problems but never even seen one in action. :confused: I think if there were two down firing eight inch subwoofers instead of the two tens that fit comfortably behind the seat it would have a more balanced tone and not have an overly boom sound. I also have one where it is angled so the sound isn't directly blocked and can be moved more freely and also has a back facing port, with all edges rounded 1/4" over of course. Also a simple one eight facing sloped towards the back wall for people who just need an extra kick and nothing more. I think these are balanced solutions and will be the most cost effective. Any other thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
you might want to think about isolating each sub. i would do one ported box behind each seat. look at the sub manufacture and see what they recommend for the volume size of a ported box for your sub.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you might want to think about isolating each sub. i would do one ported box behind each seat. look at the sub manufacture and see what they recommend for the volume size of a ported box for your sub.
Do you run a setup similar? I'm mostly concerned on sounding good. I currently have a JL 12W0v2 and I don't know if I can fit it? Mounting depth is 5.4 inches.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
i did on my old ford. i havent had time to build a system for my dakota yet. i do have two 10" L5's but a fear that would be over kill. so i think ill do one and build a ported box built into a center console when i get a chance. 12" is bog for behind a seat on a regular cab. you need volume on both sides of the sub for it to move. That's why i will build it into a center console. much more room to play with volumes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
exactly what my plan is too. im also going to try to sneak a 6X9 on each side of my console.
If and when you do this I'd love to see a thread for it :D That's a really good idea to put more woofers in it! I never woulda had that idea!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
can never have too many speakers haha. ild like to do it sometimes this summer.i was planning on doing it when i found good bucket seats but ill probably hold off on those for now. ill make a thread with plenty of pics when i do it.
you do the same with your build.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
can never have too many speakers haha. ild like to do it sometimes this summer.i was planning on doing it when i found good bucket seats but ill probably hold off on those for now. ill make a thread with plenty of pics when i do it.
you do the same with your build.
I'll definitely do the same for my build. We need more DIY stuff on the forum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts