Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to take out my middle seat to get a bit more interior storage. Anyone done this?

I like the arm rest height when it's folded down, so I'm looking for ideas to either add a folding arm rest and leave the floor open, or add a full center console. Adding a center console would be easier if I could find the right one, but I think I like the idea of having the open space below an arm rest better.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a standard cab 98 dodge Dakota so space in the cab is very limited. i removed the center console and seat and replaced them completely with a custom made sub woofer box that fits 2 10in sony subs. but what were you looking to do with the room that you'll free up?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Nothing in particular, I just want to have some extra space, and I'd never have someone sitting there.

I either want to put something like this in it's place, or mount an arm rest on the back wall for room for a jacket, backpack, etc.

It looks like the bolt holding the seat bracket is the same one for the driver/passenger seats. Is that the case? I'm a little worried about messing with the seat mounts.

Another Idea I just had is removing the seat bottom only and leaving the existing armrest. Thoughts?

·
Registered
28 Posts
i just did a custom sound box using the center seat location what i can tell you is that there are 4 bolts that hold the assembly into a bracket sticking off both driver and passenger seat. i did remove mine at first just with a box wrench and not having to mess with my main seats. do to same fears as you. however that was a HUGE pain. i ended up just taking the seats out to put it back in however if you don't remove the seats i recommend getting a ratcheting box wrenche and a 6 pack of your preferred beer because that bolt will not becoming out very quickly. however if you just remove the 8 bolts holding the drivers and passenger seats in life becomes so much easier.

as for trashing the lower of part of the seat and keeping the arm rest if your set up is like mine this is not doable without some modification because the arm rest bolts to the base brackets for the bottom of the middle seat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts