Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK everyone, I bit the bullet, the Dak is in the paint shop right now, respraying it the same color, and adding a red bed liner. Ive been scouring for seals, rubber bumpers and such. Had reasonable luck with some, but not with others of course. Did find some "Licensed" Reproduction decals from a Graphics place, $80 for the set, beats my oem find for 190 per side ....

Ill be putting up pics, and Ill have extra pieces to sell as sometimes I had to take the whole kit, for just a piece or 2.

Then the new v6 motor goes in. Its a challenge, but a good one!:):):)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Glade that you are restoring yours and already in paint. I am wanting to do the same to mine, except I don't have anywhere to tear her down. The only thing I did was gut the interior. I was going to do a custom dash and a single seat (Driver). As for the engine are you rebuilding it and adding more power or is it a crate engine V6? Just curious.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm puttting in a crate v6, the only mods i've done is replace the v6 throttle body with a v8, (breathes better) which also includes changing the throttle and kick down cables. It has taken a while to gather and plan for this, but I've gotten mostly everything - door seals, weatherstrip, rubber cowl seals... you name it. Many things OEM old stock in different places. Found a licensed restoration shop that reproduces the original graphic stripes for many of the Mopar products, and much better cost than the 28 year old stripes in a box that people want over $200 for. She's well on her way to be the daily driver, now if i can just keep the keys from my wife- :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts