Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone found replacement torsion bars anywhere? im dealing with front end sag and the truck pulls right even after alignment. the only parts unchanged in the front suspension are the torsion bars. at a little over 200k miles im assuming they have hit the end of their life.

this being the case i'm not interested in salvage yard replacements. most of what ive found are the same or really close in mileage wise

2001 4x4 club cab v8

·
Registered
12 Posts
Torsion bars don't go bad, they break. Either they are not tightened enough or the keys on the end were put on in the wrong place. Either way you are going to need a long bar to tighten them to the right spec.

·
Registered
21 Posts
has anyone found replacement torsion bars anywhere? im dealing with front end sag and the truck pulls right even after alignment. the only parts unchanged in the front suspension are the torsion bars. at a little over 200k miles im assuming they have hit the end of their life.

this being the case i'm not interested in salvage yard replacements. most of what ive found are the same or really close in mileage wise

2001 4x4 club cab v8
I took the torsion bars out to replace my steering rack. When I put it back together, one of the torsion bars took forever to get in the proper rotation. I think I ended up lifting the truck higher to fit the bar back into the control arm. The hex heads on the torsion bars have to be oriented relative to the control arm height. Unfortunately, two alignment shops were not able to figure out why the alignment would not stay in position. Ends up the control arm bolts need to be torqued while the truck is resting on the ground. The third shop in Allentown, PA aligned it in 45 minutes and charged me far less than the first two shops.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts