Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. My 01 QC has some pretty blown speakers. I want to do a complete replacement (with new speakers not OEM). Anyone done this before? If so what size/type/brand speaker or just some general advice you could give me?

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
486 Posts
Quirk, I usually go to Wal-Mart automotive and look in their stereo book it give locations and speaker sizes. I went with Pioneer speakers in mine and they are o.k. not the best but better than what I had. You can really go from mild to wild with your selections base on how much you are willing to spend.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Quirk, I haven't changed the speakers in my current truck.... Changing speakers is an easy thing to do... Just make sure you have the right size... As for the brand Jensen is another good choice it's not the best...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I'm thinking I'm just gonna head down to best buy or walmart and see what they have available. Like i said i'm not going looking to do an all out job here, just trying to get a little bit better performance out of my sound system

·
Registered
3 Posts
I upgraded my factory system with a Alpine (Bluetooth ready) head unit so I can stream Pandora from my phone. Then I went with Alpine 6 1/2" two-ways for front and rear. All of this came from Best Buy with a total price of $350. I am running a Sony 1000 watt monoblock amp and 2 10" Bazooka Triangles for the boom but will be replacing that with a MTX powered dual 10" custom box from Crutchfield to regain the area I lose behind my driver's seat in my extended cab. Just the Alpine stuff shakes the mirrors with the amp shut off thought if you aren't going for super loud.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts