Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been installing headers since the early 70s. Getting a good seal and proper fit has been an issue much of the time. Due to having a set of SS headers for my 3.9 I figured I'd give them a try. I ordered a couple of sets of Fel Pro exhaust gaskets, the headers came with a set of gaskets. Arrow mentioned on the board the RimFlex exhaust gaskets. I had not heard of them but ordered a set. I ordered direct and was told it would cost me an extra 20 % to protect there suppliers. Seems the options were ground UPS or $98 over night. So it took a week or more. I installed the set and had no issues with the gasket. I did have a defective header that leaked where the three tubes meet collector. The gaskets are one and done. Removing the bad header the gasket stuck to the head as well as the header flange. I have ordered a replacement set from a supplier and it was drop shipped from factory ( another week wait ) and from a supplier claiming one in stock. Delivery possible this week or maybe next week. We all know 3.9 V6 parts are not often in stock or easy to find at all. I feel this is an excellent product and I'll be looking for other applications. Steve

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Once again parts drop shipped from factory took over a week. I was at the shop installing ones shipped from a stocking dealer which was two days quicker when I got a call the other set was on my porch. This puts me in the position of having 3 spare gaskets on hand. Due to mistakes in ordering and other issues I'm beginning to have a collection of new spares for my truck. Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts