Dakota Forumz banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Nate, I now feel your pain in tightening the header hardware. I spent two days working out my heat shields. I went back to the shop after dinner and a few phone calls. I got into the mood and didn't leave the shop till 4am. I was working from the top having the master/booster and air cleaner parts out. I forgot to take pictures of the three different exhaust gaskets I ended up with. My good friend Mr Bill is a retired sealing engineer and was impressed with the new gaskets. He spent years designing subs so they don't leak. The best of the Christmas season to you and all followers. Steve

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Nate, I now feel your pain in tightening the header hardware. I spent two days working out my heat shields. I went back to the shop after dinner and a few phone calls. I got into the mood and didn't leave the shop till 4am. I was working from the top having the master/booster and air cleaner parts out. I forgot to take pictures of the three different exhaust gaskets I ended up with. My good friend Mr Bill is a retired sealing engineer and was impressed with the new gaskets. He spent years designing subs so they don't leak. The best of the Christmas season to you and all followers. Steve
Yeah it was definitely a pain to get those two done. Not looking forward to having to go back up there to check them again. Ive always heard you shouod recheck the tightness on the bolts since you have those temp swings. So i will do that this weekend.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I did some looking and Hughes has the springs and retainers as well. So when it comes time, ill order it all through them. Ive never done a cam swap, so ill go ahead and start studying up now.
Nate, I feel this is the wrong cam for your truck. This is a cam that starts to come on 2500-3000 rpm range. If you're not going to race your truck, I'd stay away as the HP gains Hughes advertises is in the upper rpm ranges.
If the cam grind was more like a 110 lsa, then maybe but if you're going to install a cam, do yourself a LARGE favor and contact Comp. Explain to them what you want your truck to be, what you've done so far, and they will grind you a proper cam.
With cam, springs, lifters etc, you'll be over $600. DO NOT try to reuse your old rollers.
It doesn't seem it's horsepower you want but more torque along the entire rpm range.
As you shorten runners on the intake, you also boost its rpm power range upward. I'd leave what you have and get or make a proper valley pan for it.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I think he may be talking about a Keg plate. I believe Hughes offers both the plate and valley pan. Arrow is not a fan of wide LCA camshafts. I in no way consider myself a cam design engineer. I have yet to be able drive the truck more than a few miles. We still need to put it on the scanner and set the cam position sensor and adjust idle. I'm good with my rings and lifters as far as break in. I have no plans to hook it to a load with less than a few hundred miles. I have yet to call about the first dyno day this year. I'm going to try and collect info and report back. Steve

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
I looked on Hughes website and saw keg repair kits for the V8 didnt see one for the V6, but i will look again when i have more time.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts