Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have spent enough time on line looking for the correct kit for our truck. I gave up and called the Rostra tech help line. While I got a voice mail I left a message. To my surprise my call was returned quickly and the guy was great. He explained that Dakotas do offer some issues with std shift. They offer a kit with a matching control stalk which mounts below the turn signal stalk. He also suggest the clutch kill switch option. This is a stepper motor servo type and is reasonably priced. My reason for having the truck is making long distance trips with my small car trailer. While I love to shift gears holding that right pedal gets old after a few hours. I'll report back once done I expect the kit to be here the first of the week. Steve

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have been looking around the forum and see many one and done posts. It appears nearly a year ago all I wanted from my Dakota was 20 more HP and a cruise control. My truck developed running issues that were more important than cruise. We all know things went upside down about that time. Once the new 3.9 V6 engine is ready and installed and running issues addressed a cruise will be back at the top of the list. At that time I'll return and report. Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts