Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello dodge town ...im new to this site and im new to dodge ..not having very much luck with this truck ...my main concern is with the tranny ....i drive all winter long and have no problems with shifting ....it does idle up and down in the winter thou until it warms up ....when summer hits and it gets warm outside ..after driving for a while ..my rpms will jump up ..the only way to get them back down is to drive faster ......if im driving 65 it will act up and ill get up to 70 and i drops down ....a few minutes later at 70 it will act up and ill have to go 75 for it to kick back down ....its driving me crazy ....any suggestions ....thanks guys

Attachments

·
Registered
842 Posts
Like to welcome you, from Arkansas. You've come to a Great place. Nice ride you have there. I sure wish I could help you, but I really don't know that the problem might be. Might PM RamTech and see what he can come up with. Good Luck with getting your Problem solved. Nothing like having a Great ride, that you can't depend on, to put you beside yourself.

·
Registered
242 Posts
try stomping the accelerator to the floor and letting off real quick when it starts acting up and see if it stops for a bit, if it does it may be your tps. Welcome to forumz. Great place with some very knowledgeable folks.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Welcome! could be the throttle valve cable out of whack or something in the throttle position sensor? im not an expert, but hopefully RamTech will be by to help out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts