Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have your basic SLT club cab Dakota, V8, 6-speed (options apparently are not an option with the 6-speed manual). It has the standard issue Chrysler radio, not even an aux input. My local radio stations are horrible for my music preferences, and I want to put satellite radio in the truck. I'm thinking there are two options:
* Find the upscale satellite radio for the 2006 and the antenna and swap them out. Is this even an option - does the wiring harness support either radio? Is the radio married to the vehicle, or is it plug and play?
* Install an aftermarket Sirius radio, leaving the existing radio intact. I am okay with this option, but want the Sirius radio to be flush mounted, and not on a gooseneck or vent clip. The logical place to put it is the large flat area above the glove box. I've not disassembled in that area - what is behind the large flat area? I know there is an airbag - is it in the top of the dash, or right where I want to cut a hole?

Anyone else done an upgrade to factory radio or some sort of aftermarket install?

thanks for any advise and suggestions.

·
Registered
2011 Ram Dakota Laramie (QC, 4.7L V8)
55 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts