Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everybody! I have a little bit of rust starting where the wheel will attaches to the side wall of the bed. I'm going to send it down a bit and then prime it and then put some seam sealer in there. That is the plan anyway. LOL. Any recommendations for seam sealer? I know there's lots of choices these days. Urethane. Silicone. Etc... Thanks! I am also spraying the undercarriage of the truck with some Rust-Oleum rust reformer. It's not real bad under there but I would like to slow it down. I have just been standing off any flaky rust and then hitting it with the rust reformer. Much of it is just mild surface rust which I am able to just spray.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you do have something heavier than surface rust you might think about using a rust encapsulation product like POR-15 or the Eastwood equivalent. Just brush off the loose rust and paint it on. Be aware, however, you should protect your skin and use a cheap brush you can toss. It is difficult to get off (it basically has to wear off) your skin. It won’t come out of clothing, either. I’ve used it before on a ‘67 Falcon undercarriage and never had rust problems again where it was painted. (You can roll it as well). I’m using it now on my ‘98 SLT’s undercarriage. You do have to remove loose rust; however, not down to bare metal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts