Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 dodge dakota 318 and the transmission is acting weird. When I am just driving it it Shits fine but when I beat on it it shifts into second but then it doesn't want to shift out of scond until I let off the gas. When it doesn't shift it just hits 5200 and the tac just bounces and you can feel it in the truck. And the only time it happens is when I beat on it. Anybody have any suggestions on what it might be?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I rarely do. But it just annoys me that it dose that. Just wondering if anybody else had this problem

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
i know with older trans, they run off of of vacuum for shifting. im not 100% sure yours is or not but if so that'll explain why it wont shift untill you let off. if thats the case then its kinda normal for a vacuum actuated trans.

·
Registered
193 Posts
As the guys said above check vacuum line down to the trans modulator valve to ensure no vac leak. The other problem could be a TV cable that's adjusted too tight and/or sticking when you put the throttle down to the floor. The cable forces the Trans to shift down and if it's too tight prevents it from up shifting. Back it off in small amounts and re road test and till it starts shifting up at an rpm you want it too.

PS Marty.... That link was just so wrong ! Lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts